This is something that many of us don't really relish or want to do. Here are a few tips for getting the best possible price.
1. Don't sound desperate - always know that he has competition.
2. Talk to more than one scalper.
3. If you can - wait until the game or event has already started. You will be shocked at how the prices drop.
4. Talk to the box office - they sometimes have tickets come available even when they have said the event is sold out. I actually bought a Super Bowl ticket from the wicket - the day of. Mind you it was a single.
5. Walk away - at least once, walk away.